Configuring Windows XP for MCC-Crypto
Right click on the wireless connection icon in the lower right corner of the desktop and select "Open Network Connections".
Right click on your "Wireless Network Connection" and click properties.
A new dialogue box will open with three tabs at the top. Click on the "Wireless Networks" tab.
NOTE: Make sure to enter it exactly as seen in the image below. The name is case sensitive.
- Under Preferred Networks click the "Add" button and a new dialogue box will appear. Enter the following settings
- Network Name (SSID): MCC-Crypto
- Network Encryption: WPA2
- Data encryption: AES
Click on the "Authentication" Tab
Change EAP type to "Protected EAP (PEAP)" and then click "Properties"
- Un-check "Validate server certificate"
- Un-check "Enable Fast Reconnect"
- Verify the Authentication Method is set for "Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2) and click "Configure"
- Un-check "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any). Click OK and close all dialogue boxes.
the bottom right of your screen, your wireless icon should be
displaying a message "Additional information is needed to connect
Click the message and you will be prompted to enter a username & password.
- Username: enter your full MCC student email address. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: enter your MCC network/email password.
- NOTE: Your password must be in good standing to connect to the wireless. Your password cannot be expired or set to default (M#!)
MCC Student Technology HelpDesk
Location: Learning Resource Center Building 11 Rm 106B
Hours: 9:00am - 4:00pm, Monday – Friday
Location: DCC Learning Commons (4101, Damon City Campus)
Hours: 9:00am - 1:00pm, Monday - Friday
Phone: 585.292.TECH (8324)