Student clubs and organizations who would like to plan an event should first stop over to the Campus Events Office (3-120) to have space held and to start the reservation process. We will gather information from you such as the date, time ( should include set-up and tear-down times as well), location, your name, your MCC student email, as well as your club and advisor's name. This will allow us to follow up with an email confirming that we have held your event space.
Please note that the requested event date(s) must be a minimum of at least 10 business days from the day you submit the inquiry.
- If an event request is at least 10 business days out, the location will be placed on hold. The completed application, event Check List along with set-up (s), (if applicable) must be submitted to the Campus Events office 7 business days prior to the event date.
- If an event request is more than 17 business days out, the location will be placed on hold for 10 business days while the Campus Events office waits on the submission of the completed the application, event Check List and set-up (s) ( if applicable).
Be sure to work with your student club advisor to complete the Campus Events Application.
- Once the application and event check list is complete please print out the email you received regarding the hold.
- Please ensure that your club Advisor has signed the form.
- Next you must seek out the approval of a Student Life and Leadership advisor. Please note that the Student Life and Leadership advisor will want to see the email confirming that the Campus Events Office has a facility on hold.
- After approval, Student Life and Leadership advisor will sign the paperwork and then submit the application along with the hold confirmation to the Campus Events Office.
Approved events will be placed on the Ad Astra calendar. The event application and any other required documents will then be distributed at a committee meeting approximately fourteen days prior to the event start date.
Note: For all event changes, the information should be provided by email or directly to a Campus Events representative at least 72 business hours prior to the event date and are subject to the availability of resources and personnel.
The departments represented at this committee are:
- Public Safety
- Building Services (set up and maintenance)
- Campus Center Operations
We look forward to assisting you with your event needs. Please stop over during walk in hours, set up an appointment, or contact Yolanda at YJohnson@monroecc.edu.
The walk-in hours are:
- Tuesday 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Wednesday 11:00am - 12:30pm
- Friday 10:00am - 12:00pm (noon)
Please note that these walk in hours are during the fall and spring semesters only. Outside of these dates please set-up an appointment by either phone call or email.