Cover Letter StrategiesYour Unique Selling Proposition
When preparing to write a cover letter, you may find it helpful to think about your unique selling proposition (www.quintcareers.com).
- What is the one thing that makes you unique?
- What makes you better than other candidates applying for a similar position with this company?
- What can you offer that no other applicant can?
- What is the one reason the employer should want to hire you above all other candidates?
Example of Replacing "I," "Me," and "My" with "You"
I am enclosing my resume for your review because I am very interested in obtaining a full-time position as an Investment Banking Analyst at Ace Financial. I am well qualified for this position. In addition to the strong quantitative and analytical skills I have developed as an undergraduate economics major and in my work experience, I have a proven ability to stay focused for long hours under pressure.
I am applying for the position of Investment Banking Analyst where my combination of economics training and high-tech experience will add value to your operations. Please consider the following:
You will gain from my strong financial background, which includes a recent associate's degree in business administration, coupled with experience researching and trading securities as an investment intern (resulting in returns of 200%).
Location & Contacts
Building 3, Room 108
Phone: (585) 292-2248
Fax: (585) 292-3848
Mon., Tues., Thurs. & Fri.
8:45 am - 4:45 pm
Wed.* 8:45 am - 6:00 pm
* Please note there are no evening hours when classes are not in session or during finals. The office closes on Wednesdays at 4:45pm on these days.