General Advisory Board
Because parents are the experts on their own children, we believe their active involvement on this board will help ensure better care.
- Membership: four parents (one of an infant, one of a 2-year-old, one of a 3-year-old, one of a 4-year-old), a member of the Student Senate, the child care center director, a child care center staff member, a curriculum-oriented MCC faculty member, a person from college facilities, and two members from the community.
- Purpose: To serve in an advisory capacity to the MCC Association Inc., which has decision-making power.
- Responsibilities: To attend bimonthly meetings and to represent their respective groups in advising on policies, practices, and procedures.
- Specific Duties: To recommend policy changes or additions:
- Recommend fee increases.
- Recommend program changes and additions.
- Handle the annual center evaluation by parents.
- Give input on the center's budget.
- Plan and manage special events for the center.
- Help set annual goals for the center.
- Serve on staff selection committee at the request of the director when deemed necessary.
- Recruit volunteers.
- Recommend additions to services that the center offers.
- Serve as representative to the community and to the general MCC child care center parent population.
Hours: M-F 7:00 am - 5:30 pm
Phone: (585) 292-2640
Fax: (585) 292-3863