Curriculum & Program Development
Building and Renewing Our Curriculum
Monroe Community College is a dynamic learning community where access, excellence, and leadership are the College’s hallmarks. Our mission is to educate and prepare diverse learners to achieve scholarly, professional, and individual success within a local and global context. The College serves as a catalyst for innovation, economic development, lifelong learning, and civic engagement.
- Curriculum represents all of the courses of study offered by an educational institution.
- Curriculum is designed to assist students’ progress toward their goals, whether for immediate employment or transfer to another institution of higher education.
- As a comprehensive community college, MCC offers a wide variety of programs to serve the diverse educational needs of Monroe County residents, including both credit and non-credit employee training and education opportunities for local companies and organizations to increase their employees’ skill level.
- The College is authorized by the New York State Board of Regents to award three degrees: the Associate in Arts (AA), the Associate in Science (AS), and the Associate in Applied Science (AAS).
- Programs designed to facilitate transfer to other colleges and universities in liberal arts disciplines lead to either the AA or AS degree, while programs in business administration, communication and media studies, computer information systems, computer science, engineering science, performing arts (music), office technology, and physical education lead to the AS degree.