We are excited to start the semester with a group of future professionals. Here is some information to get you started:
- Instruments and Supplies: You will be receiving a letter from our dental supplier, Patterson Dental, in July or August. Our contact person at Patterson is Liz Antinora. The phone number is 585-924-0550. You should identify yourself as an MCC Dental Hygiene student.
- Loupes: You will all be purchasing loupes (magnifying glasses). The representative from Orascoptic will be on campus this fall. Watch your MCC email for dates and details.
- CPR: You will need to be certified in CPR for adult, child, and infant by the start of the semester. You can take the course through MCC. Call 585-753-3704 and identify yourself as a Dental Hygiene student. Both the American Red Cross and the American Heart Association can also provide these courses.
- Child Abuse: Dental Hygienists are mandated reporters of child abuse. You must take a course before December. This course will be offered to Dental Studies students on the Brighton campus on a Monday afternoon in October. The date will be announced the first week of school. You do not need to pre-register before school starts.
- Scrubs: You will be wearing scrubs in lab by the second week of classes.
- The tops & bottoms must be the same color. No white, no denim, and no prints allowed. No collars. See pictures below.
- Scrubs should fit you appropriately, being neither too big nor too small. The midriff must be covered even when you bend over. The pants should not be 'low rise'. If you need tall or petite sizes, they are available in several brands.
- You must have your name embroidered on your scrub top. We have a designated design that is available at Stitchworks, 297 Culver Parkway, Rochester 14609-4554 (585-654-7522). Tell the owner that you are an MCC dental hygiene student.
- Shoes: You will need white leather clinic shoes. These can be all white sneakers or classic clinic shoes. The entire foot must be covered. If sneakers are purchased the logo should not be obvious. They should not have platform soles. Crocs do not come in true white, but you can purchase an alternative, non-perforated brand that is white. Samples are shown below.
- Typodonts: You will be leasing a typodont from the MCC bookstore for $200-250. They will be available the week before school starts. You may also want to lease a vacuum-based mount for practice at home. These can also be leased from the bookstore.
Yes - V-neck
Yes - piping is OK
No- no collars, buttons or long sleeves|
Yes - fitted or elastic waist
Yes - tied, but not low rise
No - ankle cuffs|
Yes - white sneakers
Yes - white clogs style
No - colors|
Tafford Uniforms: 1-800-283-0065
Lydia's Professional Uniforms: 1-800-942-3378
Uniform Advantage: 1-800-283-8708