All faculty interested in web-enhancing a face-to-face course, or faculty needing to teach a hybrid or fully online course are required to attend training on the use of Blackboard Learn.
The courses use an open, self-paced fully-online design to target several different audiences.
- Those who have never taught online before
- Those who have taught online but not using Blackboard Learn 9
- Those who have taught in Blackboard but not with Monroe Community College
- Those who are already MCC certified but would like a refresher.
There are three main certification courses. They are designed to be taken in sequence and build on each other. Select the pedagogy method you wish to use in your course and take the number of courses necessary to be certified at that level. Blackboard has many features and tools available to you. The tool sets we feature in training have been carefully selected to provide a comprehensive cross section appropriate for each pedagogical method currently identified here at Monroe Community College. You are not limited to the tool sets featured, however completion of training is required for the pedagogical methods MCC has defined: Web Enhanced, Hybrid, Fully On-Line.
Registration to the courses described below is required.
- Web Enhancing a face-to-face course: Level 1 Orientation to E-Learning Fundamentals
Addresses the basics of navigating and customizing your course shell and explores how to create, configure, modify and organize course content in a meaningful way.
- Hybrid Level 2 Interaction and Assessment
Reviews the different avenues for interaction in Blackboard Learn, and the various assessment techniques made available. Participants will be able to create, configure and deploy discussions, tests, and assignments to students.
Pre-requisite: MCC Web Enhanced/Level 1 Certification
- Fully Online Courses: Level 3: Teaching and Managing Your Course using Advanced Tools and Practices:
Focuses on using Blackboard Learn as a management tool. This course will cover how to configure the Grade Center to meet your needs, collect students’ submissions, and monitor student progress. Course Evaluation Methods using the Performance Dashboard, Course Reports, and Retention Center will be presented.
Pre-requisite: Hybrid/Level 2 Certification