After spending many months gathering information and considering proposals for potential sites for a new downtown campus, the MCC Board of Trustees has recommended to the County that the new campus be located at space at the Kodak complex on State Street and Morrie Silver Way.
Q. What are the benefits of a downtown campus?
- A much-needed educational option for a mostly urban, economically challenged population that is serious about academic achievement. The downtown campus provides access for many who live and work downtown.
- An outstanding educational experience for all students. Students at MCC downtown deserve an environment that equals that of our suburban Brighton Campus.
- Strong economic benefits to the region. The MCC downtown campus contributes in many ways to the economic and social vibrancy of downtown Rochester.
- The development of students into a strong workforce for the Greater Rochester region.
Q. Why choose the properties at State Street and Morrie Silver Way?
- The space gives our students the best possible opportunity to succeed in their education and find a job.
- It gives MCC the space needed to grow.
- It is within budget and is the fiscally responsible choice.
- It is a location that MCC would own as opposed to leasing.
- It keeps the campus in the downtown Rochester area.