For Students & Parents
Before you register for a Dual Enrollment course there are a few things to consider:
- First, review this Important College Information document and contact your school if you have any questions.
- Scholarships are available. Review this short presentation to learn everything you need to know about Dual Enrollment scholarships. The same info is also available as a pdf here.
- Discuss the decision with your parents or guardian and school counselor. Plan for a rewarding but rigorous experience, and know there is a cost that is incurred.
- Consider how the course will fit with your college plans and intended major. Dual Enrollment staff can help you and your counselor figure this out.
- Determine if this is a course in which you will be academically successful. It is a good idea to talk with your parent/guardian, teacher or counselor to determine if taking a Dual Enrollment class is right for you. The grade you earn will become part of your permanent college transcript, and it is recommended that students strive to achieve A and B grades.
- Register before the deadline. You will know you have successfully registered when you receive a registration confirmation via email. Later, the college will mail you a bill.
How to Register
Before registration, you will review and acknowledge important college information.
Step 1: See what's offered at your high school.
- Review the list of Dual Enrollment courses offered at your high school.
- Click the box next to the course(s) you plan to take.
- Click Next.
Step 2: Enter your name and personal information.
- Carefully enter your biographical information so we can reach you.
- If you live within Monroe County, click Next.
- If you live outside of Monroe County, you will be directed to a Certificate of Residency form.
- Print the form and take it to your County Treasurer's Office in order to certify residency in your home county.
- Mail the completed form to MCC within 2 weeks of registration.
- Students living outside of Monroe County, without completed Certificates of Residency, will be billed additional tuition charges. Avoid this by sending the form to MCC in a timely fashion.
- Click Next.
Step 3: Review the summary of your registration information.
- Share the summary information with your parents or guardian.
- You will instantly receive an email confirming your registration.
- A bill will be forwarded to your home address. Your confirmation email will also summarize tuition owed and a due date. This deadline is important to be eligible to receive college credit for the course. You may be dropped from the MCC course if you don't pay the tuition by the deadline. Late payments or re-registrations will not be accepted.
Registration is currently closed.
Registration will open on September 14, 2016 at 5:00 AM.
Resources for Parents
Building 5, 322
M-F 8:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Registration for Fall 2016 is September 14 - October 5.Preview Fall Courses
Upcoming Important Dates
- Dual Enrollment scholarships are available! Talk to your teacher or counselor for more information.
- September 14, 2016, Dual enrollment registration opens. Students must register by October 5th.