The Engineering Technologies Department at MCC is a valued community partner providing Technical Education in state
of the art facilities. The reputation of the department as a quality educational provider that is responsive to students' and industries'
needs establishes the department as a regional model for delivering technical education.
The Engineering Technologies department provides high-quality, hands-on technical education to a diverse student population.
Through the dedication of faculty to student learning, students successfully meet their educational goals and objectives while preparing for
technical careers, transfer to four-year technical programs, citizenship, and life in a more complex technical economy.
While serving our students and conducting our daily interactions, we hold the following values to be important and the driving force of our operations.
- Student learning and academic success is our highest priority. It affects every aspect of our curriculum development, delivery of materials, and investment in equipment and facilities.
- We conduct our daily activities and ourselves with honesty, integrity,
and the highest professional ethics.
- We provide state of the art curriculum and instruction based on the
needs of our students and area employers that is congruent with
validated instructional delivery methods.
- We value the reputation of the department and the College as a high
quality educational institution that is respected by the local
community and higher education across the country.
- The appearance of the facilities and campus reflect the image of quality
in our classrooms.
- We value strong relationships with the community including local
industry and area secondary and post-secondary educational institutions.
value a strong general education coupled with technical education
for our students.
value active benchmarking of other colleges in order to incorporate
the best content and practices for students into our technical
courses and programs.