Productive and rewarding career choices are significantly influenced by hands-on experiences that complement what you learn in the classroom.
Benefits of Experience Based Learning include;
- Build work experience
- Enhance your resume
- Develop work-ready skills (that employers demand)
- Strengthen your networking while...
- Exploring, or reaffirming, your career choice
Some MCC programs require a co-op or apprentice course within the curriculum, for those that do not EBL 101 is an opportunity for a student to earn college credit for experience based learning.
EBL 101 Experience Based Learning
- The student is responsible for selecting an employer interested in supervising in either a paid or unpaid position for one semester, fall, spring, or summer.
- The work experience must be related to the students' career interest(s).
- The student should have completed a significant portion of his/hers undergraduate studies with a GPA of 2.0 or higher (a 1.999 GPA is not acceptable).
- The student will be awarded three (3) elective credits upon successfully completing 112.5 hours of work experience.
- This experience-based learning option may not be repeated for credit.
- You are required to complete and sign an Experience Based Learning Agreement which contains the guidelines for receiving credit.
If you are interested in the Experience Based Learning (EBL) option and have questions, contact 292-2248 with questions.