Step 7 – Review the Application Checklist
- Apply for a Federal PIN at www.pin.ed.gov
- Complete Free Application for
Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Complete the NYS APTS Application.
- Review your Student Aid Report
(SAR). Make any corrections that are necessary.
- Respond to any request for additional
information from the MCC Financial Aid Office.
- Learn about MCC Scholarships on the Scholarships section of the MCC web page.
- If offered a Federal Work-Study (FWS) award, accept/decline the award through your MyMCC account.
- If offered a William D. Ford Federal Direct
Student Loan, accept/decline the loan through your MyMCC account.
- Students accepting a Federal Direct Student Loan will also
need to do the following:
- Complete a Loan Entrance Counseling
session prior to the disbursement of their loan.
- Complete and sign the promissory
note for their student loan.
- Check the status of your account.
For your benefit, you need to make sure that any aid that you
are eligible for has been applied to your account. To do so, you
may check the status of your application by using one of the following