Do you need to apply for Financial Aid?

  1. File the FAFSA and TAP applications ONLINE through the MCC financial aid website
  2. If you need assistance completing the FAFSA application, call 1-800-433-324.
  3. If you need assistance completing the TAP application, call 1-888-697-4372.
  4. You do not need to attend the workshop if you file these applications on your own.

  5. Or, register to attend a financial aid applications workshop. In the workshop, students are able to file their FAFSA and New York State TAP applications online, complete their Loan Entrance Counseling Requirements, and electronically sign their Federal Direct Student Loan promissory notes. Members of the MCC Financial Aid Office staff are present in the lab to provide assistance to students with these programs.

Workshop Sites

Damon City Campus - Student Services 5th Floor
Brighton Campus -  See schedule below

Please select the date on calendar below to register for the Damon City Campus or Brighton Campus workshops:


Workshop Policies

  1. Please arrive 15 minutes before the workshop begins and bring the required documentation.
  2. Food or children are not allowed in the workshops
  3. These workshops are for MCC students only.
  4. Students and parents need to apply for a FSA ID
  5. BRING THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS TO THE WORKSHOP to file the 2015-16 FAFSA and NYS TAP applications:
      • Your 2015 federal tax return
      • Your parents' 2015 federal tax return
      • Your social security number(s), and date(s) of birth unless:
        • You were born before January 1, 1992?
        • You are married?
        • You have a child who receives more than half of his/her support from you?
        • You are a veteran of the U.S. armed forces??
      • Your 2015 NYS tax return?
      • Your parents' 2015 NYS tax return unless:
        • You are 22 years of age or older
        • AND you are not currently living with your parents
        • AND you have not been claimed as a dependent by them for federal & state purposes for the past two years
      • The total amount of untaxed income received during 2014. If you, your spouse or your parents (if applicable) received any untaxed income during 2015, such as public assistance, social security benefits or child support, you must report it on the financial aid application.