Alumni Week & Homecoming
October 5 - October 15, 2016
Alumni, students and friends to MCC came together attending a variety of very successful Homecoming events, raising $36,508 in support of student scholarships at MCC.
- The Homecoming Luncheon and Golf Classic honored Professor Joseph McCauley and raised $3,845 in support of the Student Leader Scholarship Fund.
- At the Damon City Campus, the Student Events and Governance Association hosted a Homecoming celebration at the Damon City Campus.
- The Campus Activities Board hosted an outdoor Fall Festival for students.
- Spirit Day and the annual Faculty vs. Students Basketball Game hosted by the Athletics department was followed by the Sports Hall of Fame dinner where Lindsey (Grace) Frohnapple, Cihan Nuhoglu, and Michael Chamberlain were honored.
- The 10th Annual 5K Walk/Run for Scholarships raised a record-breaking $30,045. Over 880 MCC faculty, staff, alumni, volunteers and community members participated and scholarships totaling $5,000 were awarded to six current MCC students.
Race results can be found at http://www.pcrtiming.com/2016.html#mcc.
Photos can be found here https://www.facebook.com/events/485086305017620/
- The 5K Walk/Run was followed by MCC Tribunes games—both the men’s and women’s soccer teams outplayed their opponents—and a Tailgate Party sponsored by Sodexo, the MCC Association and GEICO.
- An alumni art exhibit was featured in the Mercer Gallery with works by Carmelo Ortiz and Victor Zarate.
- Glassworking classes were offered at the Arc + Flame Center of Rochester, owned by MCC alumnus and Foundation Director Michael Krupnicki ’85.
- A Brunch and Cooking Demonstration was held at Simply Crepes in Canandaigua which resulted in raising $2,618 in support of students. Simply Crepes is owned by MCC Alumni Pierre ’78, Karen ’81 and Nicole Heroux.
THANKS to everyone who supported and participated in Alumni Week and Homecoming events.
THANKS to the following committee members for lending their leadership support:
Alumni Week and Homecoming Planning Committee: Peter Fiannaca, Office of Student Life and Leadership Development; Yolanda Johnson ’02, Campus Events; Erin Julian ’98, Community Volunteer; Stephen Palmer ’97, Schools Pathways; Susan Rock-McCrossen ’98, Advisement and Graduation Services; Elizabeth Stewart, Office of Student Life and Leadership Development; MacClurg Vivian ’65, Community Volunteer; Sandy Warren ’07, Human Resources and Rosanna Yule, Marketing and Community Relations.
5K Walk/Run for Scholarships Planning Committee: Donna Burke, Advisement and Graduation Services; Donald Bigelow, Housing and Residence Life; Katie DeRusso, Library; Kristen Love, Academic Services; Gale Lynch, Global Education and International Services; Sandy McCormack, Business Administration; Demetrius Rhodes, Admissions; Karen Shaw ’78, MCC Foundation; Courtney Sprague '02, Campus Events; Mary Jo Toepfer, Health Professions and Holly Wheeler, Academic Services.
Please save the date of Saturday, October 7, 2017, for Homecoming Day and MCC’s 11th Annual 5K Walk/Run for Scholarships, Tailgate Party, Tribunes Soccer games and more!
Questions or comments?
Send an email to Karen A. Shaw ’78, alumni and annual giving coordinator at the MCC Foundation, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call
The Monroe Community College Foundation and Alumni Office are located in the
Damon City Campus
228 East Main Street, Rochester, NY 14604
Phone: 585.262.1500 Fax: 585.262.1515