SAVE FOR SUCCESS is an exciting five-year venture between ESL Federal Credit Union, Monroe Community College, the Monroe Community College Foundation, and Hillside. The program allows eligible students from the Rochester and Finger Lakes region a chance to invest in their futures. Students who save up to $375 will have those savings matched 8-to-1 for a tuition grant of $3,000 at MCC. If you qualify, you will also receive one-on-one financial and life skills counseling from a professional mentor. This program can help you pay for tuition, books, and other educational expenses. If you’re willing to work, SAVE FOR SUCCESS is for you!
- Apply online and schedule an intake interview
- Open account at ESL
- Complete financial literacy training
- Complete savings goal of $375 within 18 months (minimum of 6 months)
- Meet periodically with program Navigator
- Receive 8-1 match funds (up to $3,000) for tuition fees, books and supplies at MCC
For further information or to apply, please contact the MCC Foundation at 585.292.3680.
Save for Success is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and private philanthropic support.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)