Degree & Certificate Requirements
Requirements For a Degree:
A degree candidate must fulfill the following general requirements:
- Complete the course distribution and credit hour requirements as prescribed in the program of study.
- Complete a minimum of 24 credit hours at Monroe Community College.
- Attain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 upon completion of a program.
- Satisfactorily meet all collegeobligations.
Requirements For a Certificate of Completion:
The College will also award a certificate to students fulfilling the following general requirements:
- Complete the course distribution and credit hour requirement as prescribed in the certificate program.
- Complete at least 50% of the credit hours at Monroe Community College.
- Attain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 upon completion of the program.
- Satisfactorily meet all college obligations.
Conferral of a Second Degree:
Students may earn a second degree at Monroe Community College if they comply with the following guidelines:
- Students wishing a second degree should first explore the advantages with a counselor in the Admissions Office, Student Services Office at the Damon City Campus.
- Pursue a second degree that is in a substantially different area of study from the first degree received.
- Earning a second degree should result in academic and/or employment advantages.
- Students must complete an additional twelve credits at MCC in the curriculum for which the student seeks to qualify for the degree and satisfy the degree requirements (as previously stated) for the program
- Students should contact the Admissions Office at the Brighton Campus or the Student Services Office at the Damon City Campus for an application for readmission as a second degree candidate.
- Students may not be matriculated into two high demand health programs simultaneously.
- Students who are seeking a second degree in the same semester should contact the Graduation Office for the correct procedure.
Building 1, Room 231
Monday -Friday: 8:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Phone: (585) 292-2400
Fax: (585) 292-3882