Competitive Admission Health-Related Programs
Below you will find links to information sheets on how the admissions process works for our high demand, competitive programs. Then, you will find a listing of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) covering most of the questions we receive. If you have further questions, we currently offer Information Sessions for each of the programs. You can register to attend a health-related admissions Information session by searching for Health Information Session here, choosing the event you'd like, then clicking "Register" and creating an account or by calling the Admissions Office at 585-292-2200. Due to the high demand, we are unable to offer individual appointment regarding these programs.
Admissions Requirements & Procedures
This is in Adobe document (.pdf) format. To view, you must have the Adobe Acrobat® Reader installed on your computer (free download).
- Dental Assisting
- Dental Assisting - For Current High School Students
- Dental Assisting - Rapid Track
- Dental Hygiene
- Dental Hygiene - For Current High School Students
- Nursing - For Current LPN's
- Nursing - For Current High School Students
- Radiologic Technology
- Radiologic Technology - For Current High School Students
- Surgical Technology
- Surgical Technology - For Current High School Students
* Please note that "High School" information refers to students in their senior year in high school, who apply by the deadline for their desired program. If a high school senior applies after the deadline the year they are in high school or does not get in the fall immediately following their June graduation, s/he is then considered to be in the regular applicant pool.
** Please note that any student who has been previously enrolled in the program they apply for, whether at MCC or another school, will be considered a "repeater" and be reviewed for admission as part of the "repeater applicant pool."
*** For adults interested in Dental Hygiene, Nursing or Radiologic Technology: Typically students that get in have a minimum of 50 points by the deadline.