HU01 A.A.S. Career Program
- Paraprofessional in a variety of human services agencies, such as case manager or sociotherapist.
- Teacher’s aide in local schools.
- Child care worker.
- Resident counselor in group homes for clients with developmental disabilities.
- Opportunities to work with the geriatric population.
- Opportunities to work in the field of chemical dependency
HU03 A.S. (Transfer) - Liberal Arts with a Human Services Certificate
- Bachelor degree
- Social work
- 2 + 2 Dual Admission Programs
- Buffalo State
- SUNY Brockport
- SUNY Fredonia
- Keuka College
- Roberts Wesleyan
- Nazareth College
Addictions Counseling (A.S.)
The Addictions Counseling A.S. prepares you to help prevent substance abuse, counsel people with drug and alcohol problems, and provide other services to people suffering from addiction.
The program is specifically designed for students who plan to earn a bachelor’s degree in social work or a related field and ultimately work in a drug treatment agency, hospital, or drug prevention area. It provides the required knowledge, skills, and most of the training hours mandated by the New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) to earn certification as a Credentialed Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC).