Institutional Compliance & Internal Audit
Officer and Internal Auditor
The Internal Audit office provides independent audit and advisory services to the college community by assessing risks, analyzing procedures and related controls, and ensuring that practices are effective and in compliance with college and regulatory policies. The office conducts operational, financial, and compliance reviews. When auditing departments or functions the primary objectives are to ensure that:
- Assets and records are protected
- Information is accurate and reliable
- Resource use is efficient and effective
- College is in compliance with laws and regulations, and
- Goals and objectives are met.
In addition, the Internal Audit office serves to facilitate the external audit of the college’s financial statements and federal funds. The office is also responsible for verifying the validity of reported occurrences of fraud, embezzlement, theft, waste, etc. along with administering the MCC Ethics Hotline.