When should I contact Internal Audit?
- Assistance is needed to analyze problems and find ways to improve operations when problems exist in department procedures or other activities and practices that impact operations
- Information is needed for management to make decisions that requires knowledge of accounting, federal, and state regulations, college operations, and needs an independent evaluation.
- Need assistance in preparing for an audit of your department or area under your responsibility that will be conducted by outside federal, state or other auditors.
- Questions regarding internal controls, college policy and procedures, financial and accounting rules, grant and other regulations, or anything else you think we may be able to help you with.
- Suspect there is a financial, accounting, or compliance related irregularity or fraud at the college. The college also has an Ethics Hotline that employees can use as an alternative method to anonymously report concerns related to improper conduct involving financial reporting, accounting, internal controls, use of college assets, or regulatory compliance.