What Can I Do with a Liberal Arts Degree?
Public Relations/Public Affairs
(English, Anthropology, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology)
- Public Relations Specialist - assist in determining PR goals, coordinate activities, develop & maintian a positive corporate image with media, liaison between press and management, prepare press releases, write speeches, develop presentations, write & edit newsletters and brochures; requires degree in English, communications or related major
- Public Relations Assistant - research and write copy for corporate and web publications, coordinate seminars and public events; requires degree
- Speech Writer - research and write speeches and presentations, video scripts, web page tesxt, bylined articles, and presentations; BA required, MAor MBA preferred
- Internal Communications - design and conduct communications program including Intranet, plan and implement marketing and PR strategies for internal and external audiences; requires degree in English or journalism
- Public Affairs Representative - develop and coordinate community events, provide organizational and administrative support, serve as corporate spokesperson, interface with media, write and edit newsletters, speeches and press releases, manage corporate philanthropy program; requires degree in English, communications, or related major
- Community Relations - support and contriubute to PR and marketing efforts in community, support public events; requires degree in English, communications, journalism or related social science
Building 5, Room 310
M-F 8:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.