CIP Code: 24.0101
MCC Program Code: LH01
NYSED Code (BRI): 01212
This degree will provide the ten SUNY General Education Knowledge and Skills areas desirable for transferring to a SUNY four-year college or university for a liberal arts major.
This degree should interest students planning to transfer to a four-year college or university offering a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree in disciplines that traditionally are part of the Humanities or Social Sciences: English, Philosophy, Anthropology, History, Political Sciences, Sociology, and Psychology.
(Housed in the Liberal Arts Division)
1) Discuss the aesthetic attributes of art nature music language culture or literature.
2) Reflect on issues concerning the human condition in local or global contexts.
3) Conduct independent discipline-based research.
4) Analyze information using established or prescribed methods or principles.
5) Synthesize information drawn from a variety of resources or experiences.
6) Work collaboratively to achieve a common goal.
Algebra (1 year high school math or placement into Level 4 Math at MCC).
|Distribution Requirements||Credit Hours|
|HUMANITIES: 18 Credit Hours|
|ENG 101 College Composition OR |
ENG 200 Advanced Composition
|FOREIGN LANGUAGE ELECTIVES||6|
|SUNY GENERAL EDUCATION ART ELECTIVE||3|
|SOCIAL SCIENCES: 12 Credit Hours|
|SUNY GENERAL EDUCATION SOCIAL SCIENCE ELECTIVE||3|
|SUNY GENERAL EDUCATION AMERICAN HISTORY ELECTIVE||3|
|SUNY GENERAL EDUCATION WESTERN CIVILIZATION ELECTIVE||3|
|SUNY GENERAL EDUCATION OTHER WORLD CIVILIZATIONS ELECTIVE||3|
|MATHEMATICS AND NATURAL SCIENCES: 9-12 Credit Hours|
|SUNY GENERAL EDUCATION MATHEMATICS ELECTIVE: MTH 150 or higher*||3-4|
|SUNY GENERAL EDUCATION NATURAL SCIENCES ELECTIVE||3-4|
|MATHEMATICS OR NATURAL SCIENCES ELECTIVE||3-4|
|REQUIRED ELECTIVES: 9 Credit Hours|
|LIBERAL ARTS ELECTIVES||9|
|GENERAL ELECTIVES: 12 Credit Hours|
|PHYSICAL/HEALTH EDUCATION: 2 Credit Hours|
Building 5, Room 310
M-F 8:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.