VII. Evaluation Checklist for Final Copy
Editing the Finished Paper
- Have you done what the assignment requires?
- Have you given enough evidence to support your ideas or conclusions?
- Have you proofread your paper and corrected any errors?
Quotations and Paraphrases
- Have you copied exactly, so quotations are as they appear in the source?
- Are you sure you have not plagiarized?
- Have you placed quotation marks around each quotation?
- Are the transitions into and away from quotations smooth?
- Have you placed in-text citations within your paper for all quotations?
- Have you used correct form for each in-text citation?
- Have you checked to make sure names and page numbers are correct?
- Have you given credit to sources that you paraphrased?
Works Cited or References
- Is the name of the first author in each listing reversed, last name first?
- Are the entries alphabetized by the authors' names or by the titles of the unsigned sources if required by the style you are using?
- Are the facts of publication (place, publisher, date) complete?
- Have you used the proper spacing, formatting, and punctuation?
- Do you have the title, your name, date, and course number or other information required by your professor?
MCC Guide to Writing Research Papers.
Developed by: M. DiSano, A. Penwarden, S. Callan.
Revised version August 2006. Copyright Monroe Community College.