Following are some links to various sources on the world wide web relating to the field of golf. Although every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the content of these web sites, the usual information evaluation measures should be taken by the researcher.
General Information Sources
- Official rules and regulations of golf (USGA): This site provides the rules of golf and decisions on rules interpretations. This is part of the USGA web site.
- TurfNet.com: The official web site of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America. The site provides information on education and certification programs, membership, conference dates, information on course preparation for players and in conjunction with the environment, and career and hiring information.
- GolfOnline: From the editors of Golf Magazine. It provides all of the features of the magazine, including news from the professional tours, current news, playing instruction, equipment, travel and the rules of golf.
- The Golf Course: An informational web site provided in four languages. Information is provided "fore" fun, how to play the game, history, trivia, the roles of physics and psychology in the game, player profiles and the Teachers' Corner.
- The official PGA web site: This is the club professional's arm of professional golf. The site features news, golf lessons, current events, fitness issues, the rules of golf, "Cool Kids," FAQ, books and a members-only section.
- The official LPGA web site: This site is predominantly tour-player oriented. Features include tour, teaching and club professionals, youth programs, pro shop and women and charities.
- The British and International Golf Greenkeepers Association web site: Provides membership information, education and training, news items in grounds keeping, turf management and sales and marketing. There are also links to other British golf web sites.
- The official United States Golf Association web site: This is the governing body of golf in the U.S. The site provides information on the rules of golf, handicap systems, championships sponsored by the USGA, membership information, greens section on golf course maintenance, news and links to other golf organizations.
- The Golf Course Superintendents Association of America: This site provides information on education and certification programs, membership, conference dates, information on course preparation for players and in conjunction with the environment, and career and hiring information.
- The New York State Golf Association: This site provides information about the association and membership, sponsored championships, handicaps, golf course rating, scholarships and rules-training seminars.
- The Canadian Professional Golfers Association: This site is provided by the club professionals in Canada. It contains schedules of golf events, services provided by the CPGA, club listings and golf tips.
Contacting the Teacher
Roscoe Hastings teaches the SLN golf classes. Reach him by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.