- Provide a safe and confidential setting to maximize each examinee’s potential to succeed.
- Promote student success by assessing current language and mathematics skills at the beginning of the educational process.
- Support community development by administrating professional license and certification exams and Prior Learning Assessment (PLA).
- Adhere to all of the standards set forth by the National College Testing Association Professional Standards and Guidelines for Post-Secondary Test Centers.
The ‘We Subscribe’ logo and the ‘NCTA Guidelines We Subscribe’ mark and the ‘Consortium of College Testing Centers Participant’ mark are service marks of National College Testing Association in the United States and are used by permission.
About Placement Testing
Monroe Community College (MCC) offers computerized assessment testing using ACCUPLACER, a testing package produced by the College Board. ACCUPLACER will measure your knowledge in arithmetic, elementary algebra, college-level math, reading comprehension, and sentence skills.
- It is not a pass or fail test; rather, the results will help determine what math and English classes best fit the student and his or her academic needs.
- It is Computer-Basted Testing (CBT) but student needs no special computer skills to take these tests.
- All test questions are multiple-choice questions.
- There is no fee to take the Placement Test for MCC.
- Personal belongings other than identification documents are not allowed; Scratch paper and pencils are provided.
- Tests are not timed. Most students complete the test in two hours. Please be prepared for that time commitment.
- In addition to reviewing carefully and getting plenty of rest for these tests, be sure to take your time while testing and do your best. Your test results will determine the courses you may take at MCC.
The College offers students a variety of free or inexpensive resources to prepare for the test prior to taking it for the first time. We highly recommend students to test when they are well-rested, and only after a thorough review of the ACCUPLACER study guides.
Location & Contacts
Placement Testing Center
Building 3, Room 107
Phone: (585) 292-2290
Damon City CampusStudent Services Center
5th Floor, Suite 5252
Phone: (585) 262-1619