MCC Testing Services
Purpose Statement –
MCC Testing Services will:
- Provide a safe and confidential setting to maximize each examinee's potential to succeed.
- Promote student success by assessing current language and mathematics skills at the beginning of the educational process.
- Support community development by administering professional license and certification exams and Prior Learning Assessment (PLA).
- Adhere to all of the standards set forth by the National College Testing Association Professional Standards and Guidelines for Post-Secondary Test Centers.
Proctoring Services Provided:
- Placement Testing for MCC students. Tests administered: ACCUPLACER and CELSA.
- Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) for MCC students and the community. Tests administered: CLEP.
- Proctoring for Other Institutions for distance learning students. Arrangements must be made with Testing Services in advance.
- Third-Party Testing for PSI Exams Online and Castle Worldwide. All scheduling and payment is arranged by PSI and Castle.
The ‘We Subscribe’ logo and the ‘NCTA Guidelines We Subscribe’ mark and the ‘Consortium of College Testing Centers Participant’ mark are service marks of National College Testing Association in the United States and are used by permission.
About Placement Testing
Monroe Community College (MCC) offers computerized assessment testing using ACCUPLACER (English and math) and CELSA (ESOL English). Placement testing is not a pass or fail test; rather, the results will help determine what math and English classes best fit the student and his or her academic needs. There is no fee for MCC students to complete the placement test at MCC.
Required Before Testing:
- An MCC identification number (M number).
- A current photo ID.
- A request that you test from Admissions or an academic department.
- The Services for Students with Disabilities Office must approve test accommodations prior to testing.
Strongly Encouraged Before Testing:
- Prepare for your test. Testing is important because your scores will determine where you can begin your course of study, and in most cases you will take the placement test only once. Scores are valid for 3 years.
- Get at least 7 to 9 hours of rest the night before the test and eat a balanced meal.
Items Prohibited in the Testing Center:
(coin lockers are available outside the testing center — a quarter is required)
- Personal belongings.
- Electronic devices
- Cell phones.
- Food and drink.
- Children and visitors.
Location & Contacts
Placement Testing Center
Building 3, Room 107
Phone: (585) 292-2290
Damon City Campus
Student Services Center
5th Floor, Suite 5252
Phone: (585) 262-1619