|8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday
Building 3, Room 168
Print Shop Services
Services are available to you through the college Print Shop. You can submit
requests the following ways:
- Online Request Form
- Service in-person
- Interoffice mail
boxes (Brighton Campus rooms 5-212 and
The Print Shop operates in 4 functional areas:
See some typical types of work requests!
|This area is responsible for the design and output of materials to be utilized by the press operators or Copy Centers for final hard copy used in the reproduction of the customer’s order.
We offer custom design services tailored to meet your needs. With more than 20 years experience in publication design, our Publications Specialist will make every attempt to make certain that your publication provides your intended audience with a professional, “reader-friendly” appearance each and every time.
Equipment & Software Utilized:
- PC based operating system using Windows XP. We also have the ability to access Mac files with special
- 2400 dpi color scanner complete with 35mm slide scan capabilities, as well as OCR
- CD-RW capability allows secure, permanent storage of all data and jobs processed
- HP 1220 DeskJet full color printer which allows us to output proofs up to
- AGFA 9550 Laser Imagesetter capable of outputting final copy directly to film
- Electronically connected to the Xerox DocuTech copier. This allows orders to be processed electronically, guaranteeing the highest possible quality.
- Specially designed darkroom, producing lith negatives, photostats, paper and metal lithographic printing
- High-end publication software we use to create your order:
- Abode InDesign Creative Suite
- Two A-B Dick offset presses outfitted with T-51 two-color printing heads which allow
for simultaneous printing of two colors at once.
- Additional presses are available for
envelopes, panel cards and carbonless form reproduction.
A state-of -the-art digital document handling system capable of
duplicating 135 copies per minute. Digital technology allows information/images to be
scanned once, stored in memory and reproduced as needed, or transferred electronically and
used as a digital printer. The system is capable of assembling and finishing an entire
document complete with tabs and on-line binding.
The Xerox Documents on Demand or XDOD system is also available. This
system enables MCC staff to capture and store large documents either electronically or
from hard copy. This allows staff to print on demand only what is needed - when it is
This area is the final stage before completed orders are turned over to
the customer. Utilizing equipment such as:
ProCut Hydraulic Paper Cutter, capable of cutting stacks of paper up to
32" wide and 4" high
Duplo Finishing System, gathers up to 10 sheets at one pass,
assembles, saddle-stitches and folds producing finished product
Challenge 3-Hole Paper Drill
Cheshire, a tape binding system, or GBC, a mechanical plastic
types of work requests
- Complete layout and design services.
- Carbonless forms
- Business cards
- Post cards
- Lab manuals
- Class handouts
Content by Bill Gruhn
Webpage designed by Jeremy Case & Carol Burritt