Public Safety Training Facility
Monroe Community College
Rochester, New York
EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES TRAINING COURSES
- IMPORTANT NOTE - If you will be seeking any state or federal financial aid you need to formally matriculate through the admissions office.***
- Talk to other EMT-P graduates to gain an appreciation of the time commitments, workloads, personal life impact. Assess impacts on other fronts, i.e. work, additional schooling, significant other, and family.
- Examine your financial picture, seek out financial sponsors if available. Some EMS agencies assist members.
- Be prepared to matriculate into the Associates Degree Program EM01. If you wish the Associates Degree program you will take other courses usually after paramedic training. You will be required to submit records indicating that you are a high school graduate or have a GED. The paramedic portion is listed here.
- Obtain an Advanced EMT training Application from the PSTF. Print one via blinking tab on the bottom of this page. If you do not have a printer, choose the mail option (also at the bottom of this page).
- Complete all questions accurately and neatly. Attention to detail is extremely important in the selection process.
- Sign and date the application form.
- Include good quality photocopies of EMT and any other certifications and Licenses that you have.
- Obtain two letters of recommendation attesting to your ability to successfully complete the program. (These should not be the same people listed on the application as references.)
- Provide a cover letter addressed to the Admissions Committee describing why you wish to become a Paramedic and a brief description of your qualifications.
- Include in your application packet any pertinent information that shows appropriate training, experience, and ability.
- Photocopy your entire package and retain copies of all information that you submit.
- Submit your package by certified or registered mail prior to the screening date.
Screening for the Class of 2007/08 will commence on November 15, 2006Mail to:
Paramedic Selection Committee
Monroe Community College
MCC Paramedic Program
Suite 216 1190 Scottsville Rd.
Rochester, NY 14624
- You will be notified by mail or phone as to the location and times of interviews and pre-testing. Pre-testing consists of basic EMT and math questions.
- Attend your interview on time, well groomed and in appropriate attire.
MCC does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, national origin, marital status, religion, or sexual preference. Once selections are made, you will be notified by mail or phone that you are selected or are involved in the rolling process. MCC's Paramedic Program uses a rolling selection process. Not all students who are selected will enroll. Therefore, no qualified student will be told that they are denied. As seats become available, they will be offered to the next qualified candidate. This process can continue to the first night of class.
Please do not purchase insurance, lab equipment or books until notified to do so.
Updated: October 6, 2006