Auditing a ClassWhen you audit a course, you are taking the course without credit and without earning a grade. You do not have to take the examinations. Any student may audit a course with permission of the instructor. Forms are available in the Registration and Records office, located in Building 6, Room 203. Or you can click here to print a copy of the form.
The deadlines for completing and turning in the Audit form are as follows:
- Fall & Spring - by the end of the first week of classes
- Summer - by the end of the second day of classes
- Intersession - by the end of the first day of classes
Full tuition is charged for all audited courses, and the class will appear on your transcript with a grade of AU. No college credit is earned when auditing a course. Financial aid is not granted for audited courses. You may not change a course's audit status after the deadlines noted above.
Residents age 60 years and older may audit MCC classes without incurring tuition cost. Senior auditors are responsible for fees associated with the class (i.e., technology fee, records fee, lab fee, etc.). These fees cannot be waived.
Auditing a class means that the instructor will not assign you a grade. Seniors who want to earn a grade in the class may register through the traditional registration process. A credit registration will create a tuition bill that should be paid by the due date, or you may be dropped from your class.
Senior audit registrations are for the Fall and Spring semesters only and are based on seat availability.
Registration for senior auditors will begin at 8:00 am on the Tuesday before the start of classes for Fall and Spring semesters.
- Registrations for senior auditors must be processed by the Registration & Records office at Monroe Community College at 1000 East Henrietta Road (Building 6, Room 203).
- There will be a Registration service window dedicated to senior audit registrations from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm on the Tuesday before the start of the semester. Registrations will be processed on a first come, first served basis.
- Please bring valid identification with you when you register.
- Parking for this event is available in the Visitor Lot (Lot V) near the main entrance of the college.
- Our goal is to register students quickly and efficiently. However, there may be a queue if the registration volume is high. Please be prepared to wait until your registration is completed. Senior auditors may also register during our regular business hours, 8:00 am to 4:45 pm, Monday-Friday, through the first week of the semester.
The following Senior Audit Registration Form link provides other important information to help with the process:
Senior Audit Registration Form