MCC participates in two Cross Registration programs. These programs allow full-time matriculated students (minimum of 12 credit hours) to take classes tuition free at any one of the 61 SUNY schools across the state or any regional college/university participating in our Rochester Area Colleges (RAC) program.
Students can register for a course or two on a space-available basis. The MCC student's tuition bill will be paid in full; in some cases the student will be responsible for student/technology fees. Cross Registration applies to spring and fall terms only.
Other SUNY or Rochester Area College (RAC) Students:
Students from other colleges who want to cross register for a class at MCC must obtain the cross registration form from their home college and submit the completed form with the MCC registration form to the Registration & Records office.
DO NOT register yourself online for a Cross Registration class or you will be responsible for the full cost of the class. Cross Registrations must be submitted to and processed by the Registration & Records office only. See below for additional guidelines.
SUNY Cross Registration
- SUNY Cross Registration Form
- Guidelines for SUNY Cross Registration
- Applicable at any of the 61 SUNY schools
- Tuition Free; Student responsible for any Student fees
- If you live outside of Monroe County, you must file "residency documents" to cover the full tuition. For further information, please visit: http://www.monroecc.edu/depts/bursars/residency.htm
- Registration Dates
- SUNY Cross Registration begins during the Open Registration Period of the Spring and Fall terms.
- To register for SLN / Online classes, please submit your SUNY Cross Registration form at least 5 days prior to the start of classes. We cannot accept SLN / Online registrations during the first week of classes without Instructor permission.
ROCHESTER AREA COLLEGE (RAC) Cross Registration
- Rochester Area College Cross Registration Form
- Guideline for RAC Cross Registration
- Registration Dates
- To register for traditional classes, RAC Cross Registration begins the first day of classes. If RAC Cross Registration forms are submitted early, they will be held until the first day of classes. However, there is no guarantee there will be space in the class.
- To register for SLN / Online classes, please submit your RAC Cross Registration form and register 5-7 days prior to the start of classes. We cannot accept SLN / Online registrations during the first week of classes without Instructor permission.
- No Charge for Tuition & Student fees
- Applicable at these Institutions:
- Alfred University
- Colgate Rochester Divinity School
- Finger Lakes Community College
- Genesse Community College
- Keuka College
- Nazareth College
- Roberts Wesleyan College
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- St. Bernard's Institute
- St. John Fisher College
- SUNY Alfred
- SUNY Brockport
- SUNY Empire State College
- SUNY Geneseo
- University of Rochester