The application process for a bed in the residence halls is the same for international students as it is for students from the US. Please make sure to identify yourself to the International Student Counselor, Audra Dion, during your application process, by emailing email@example.com.
The Applicaion Process is detailed under the Application process link. Please make sure you apply before July 1.
Details to Consider When Choosing to Live On Campus
- On Campus Housing is close to your classes and academic and social resources. Everything on campus is within close walking distance. Even if you have classes at our downtown Damon City Campus, there is a free shuttle to transport you there.
- The residence halls are very safe! We have Public Safety coverage from 6pm - 6am, as well as a variety of live-in staff who assist with safety, security, and maintaining a healthy living environment. Emergency services are just a phone call away 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Our residence hall staff are very diverse. For the 2016-2017 school year, several of the student staff are also international students!
- Each apartment-style suite is fully furnished. Each student has a bed, desk, desk chair, wardrobe closet, and 2 nightstands (with drawers that can be stacked to be a dresser). The bed is height-adjustable, so there is plenty of storage beneath it.
- Each apartment-style suite also contains two bathrooms, a full kitchen (appliances included) and living room area.
- The cost to live in the residence halls includes all utilities - garbage, water, electricity, gas, cable and internet.
- There is no need to search for a roommate and, if one of your roommates moves out of the apartment, there is no need for you to find someone to fill the space or for you to pay additional fees to cover the loss of that person.
- Access to food services are available until 6pm on Monday thru Thursday. Food services are available on Fridays until 4pm, but are closed on weekends, cooking and finding food will be your responsibility - which is why we provide you with a full kitchen and recommend that you plan to purchase cooking utensils upon your arrival (we do have limited sets that you can borrow for the year, available on a first come, first served basis).
- Transportation to areas in the community are available but limited. The Rochester public bus system has several stops a day right on our campus, which offers options for students to explore the city and get to grocery stores and malls. The college does not specifically offer transportation to shopping areas,
Important Dates for International Students 2016-2017
Monday, August 29, 2016: International students may begin moving into the residence halls.
*September 1, 2016: International Student Orientation
*September 2-4. 2016: Residence Hall Orientation and Opening Weekend activities
September 8, 2016: Classes begin
*December 23, 2016: Final exams end; residence halls close at 10am. All students must vacate for December break.
*January 2, 2017 for returner International students OR one week prior to the start of courses for new students: International students can return to halls.
Not Available: Spring semester classes begin.
Feburary, 2017: Housing application process begins for fall 2017-spring 2018 housing
*May 27, 2017 @ 10am: Residence halls close for all students
* indicates anticipated*
Please make sure that you make arrangements to fly into the Greater Rochester International Airport (ROC). Rochester, NY is not located near New York City, it is on the other side of the state.
It will cost you about $20-$25 US currency to travel to campus from the airport. We recommend using the following taxi service:
Checker Cab Company
Arriving at the airport late at night may offer only limited options for making travel arrangements. It is a smaller airport. If possible, please have your flight arrive during the day.
View our International Student Brochure
Download our International Student Housing Brochure
Check out the Things to Bring, Things Not to Bring
Remember to communicate with our international student counselor, Audra Dion, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Global and International Student Services page