The beds in the Alice Holloway Young Commons are offered based on the date and time you apply and pay the application fee for housing, therefore it is important to review the process and apply
on the recommended dates. Application Process "How To" Video
**PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS WE WILL BE
FOLLOWING OUR PUBLISHED DEADLINES**
Process for Returning Students
Process for New Students: Fall 2015-2016
Housing Costs and Payment Plan
Housing Application Agreement
NEW STUDENT PROCESS
For 2015-2016 Academic Year
IMPORTANT NOTE: We will ONLY be communicating information
to you via your MCC student email. It is YOUR responsibility
to check this email and not miss established deadlines.
All dates are published ahead of time for you to plan ahead.
Missed deadlines could result in loss of housing
and security deposit.
The application is only available online
through your student account.
- January/February 2015: Apply for Financial Aid. It is recommended that you complete your FAFSA at the same time as you complete your tax return (they are linked).
- February 1 2015: Recommended date for new students to apply for admission. Students must be accepted and have access to their student accounts before they can complete a housing application.
- March 12, 2015 @ 9:00am: The housing application will open for new students. To complete your housing application, please log in to your student account (mymcc.monroecc.edu) and click on the Residence Life tab. Within that tab is a link to the housing portal. From there, you can complete the application for 2015-2016 hours.
Please note that there is a $200 application fee required for your application to be considered for housing, which becomes your security deposit when you move in. You can pay online with a credit/debit card through the application (preferred).
If you need to complete the application with a different form of payment, please contact the Housing and Residence Life Office AFTER your application is submitted (end your application at the payment screen). Cash/Check payments will also be accepted at the Campus Center Service Desk window (near the Bookstore), however, your application will not be "active" until this payment is made.
- April 2, 2015: Placements for new students will be made first-come, first-served based solely upon your completed application date and time stamp. You will receive an email with your placement or waitlist details to your MCC student email account. You will be required to respond to your placement within 10 days.
Every Thursday following April 2, as housing becomes available, we will send out new housing placements to MCC student email accounts for individuals who are still on the waitlist.
- August 1, 2015: If you have received and accepted your housing placement before this date, you are required to be registered for 12+ credits and to have submitted your proof of immunizations and proof of health insurance by this date. Any students who do not meet this deadline may be removed from their bed and will forfeit the $200 application fee. Notifications regarding your status will be sent to your MCC student email account ONLY.
Students Under the Age of 18
Students who are under the age of 18 may not agree to the terms and conditions of housing on their own without a parent/guardian signature. Students who are under 18 will be directed via their confirmation page and via a confirmation email to have a parent/guardian fill out a form and send it in separately from the online housing application.
Underage students have 7 business days to mail/fax/email the form to the Housing and Residence Life Office. An underage application will not be completed and date/time stamped until this form is received. If it is received within those 7 days, the application will be date/time stamped for the time the application was submitted. Excessively late forms (more than 10 business days) will push the date/time stamp to the time the form is received.
If you need a copy of this form, it is here:Under 18 Parent Signature Form
Housing Costs For 2015-2016 (tentative)
$3,497.00 per semester or $6,994.00 per academic year
$3,085.000 per semester or $6,170.00 per academic year
Single Room: $500.00
Double Room: $450.00
Summer Session I:
Single Room: $550.00
(Dependent upon course duration)
Applications will not be considered active until payment has been received. Deferrals are not available.
Beds will be offered for the Alice Holloway Young Commons based on the date and time the application fee payment is submitted.
The application fee activates the application.
Payment Plans for Housing
Housing Payment Plan will coincide with the MCC Pay Plan
|Percentage of bill due ||Fall Semester |
|25% ||July 20 ||December 15|
|25% ||August 20 ||January 20|
|25% ||September 20 ||February 20|
|25% ||October 20 ||March 20|
Housing Application Agreement for 2015-2016
The housing agreement will be binding for the entire academic year. Therefore, students will be financially responsible for both semesters unless the Housing and Residence Life Department is able to re-establish occupancy following a student's request for release.
Students requesting to terminate the contractual obligation for the Spring 2016 semester MUST notify the Housing and Residence Life Office by December 1, 2015.
Students requesting to vacate due to graduation, internship, military enlistment, or transfer to another institution must provide supporting documentation by January 15, 2016.
Students requesting to vacate for any other purpose or who do not provide supporting documentation will also forfeit their $200 security deposit.
To view the entire housing license agreement (recommended),click here!