Returning Student Application Process
The beds in the Alice Holloway Young Commons are offered based on the date and time you apply and pay the application fee for housing, therefore it is important to review the process and apply on the recommended dates. Application Process "How To" Video
**PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS WE WILL BE FOLLOWING OUR PUBLISHED DEADLINES**
IMPORTANT NOTE: We will ONLY be communicating dates and
deadlines to you through your MCC student email. It is your responsbility to check your email.
The application is only available online through your student account.
Application Process for Fall 2016 - Spring 2017 Housing - Returning Students
Returning residence hall students are guaranteed housing if they follow the following process, meeting all deadlines:
- January 2016: Apply for Financial Aid. It is best to file your 2016-2017 FAFSA at the same time that you and your parents complete household tax returns.
- February 8, 2016: The housing application process begins for all students who are currently in housing. Between February 8 and March 11, 2016, you will be able to apply for housing, pay your $200 application fee, select roommates and select your room for next year. For "how to" videos, please scroll to the top of the page.
- March 11, 2016: The housing application process closes for returning students. By this date, you should have your roommates and your room selected. Any student who is applied and paid but has not selected a room will be autoplaced in housing. Placement emails will go out to MCC student accounts at the end of this day.
- March 21, 2016: Deadline for returning students to respond to their placement email, accepting their 2016-2017 assignments. Placements will ONLY be sent TO your MCC email and you must respond FROM your MCC email.
- June 1, 2016: Deadline for returning students in guaranteed housing to notify the Housing and Residence Life Office that they will not be returning in Fall 2016. Notification must be in writing to email@example.com.
- August 1, 2016: Deadline for all returning students to be registered for 12 or more credits and have all health information turned in. If you have outstanding information on this date, you will forfeit your bed and your $200 housing application fee. All notifications regarding what is due will be sent to your MCC email account.
September 4, 2016: Move in day for returning students. You are not permitted to move in prior to this date. Please monitor your MCC student email all summer for additional information .
Payment Plans for Housing
Housing Payment Plan will coincide with the MCC Pay Plan
|Percentage of bill due||Fall Semester |
|25%||July 20||December 15|
|25%||August 20||January 20|
|25%||September 20||February 20|
|25%||October 20||March 20|
The housing agreement will be binding for the entire academic year. Therefore, students will be financially responsible for both semesters unless the Housing and Residence Life Department is able to re-establish occupancy following a student's request for release.
Students requesting to terminate the contractual obligation for the Spring 2017 semester MUST notify the Housing and Residence Life Office by December 1, 2016. Students vacating due to graduation, internship, military enlistment, or transfer to another institution must provide supporting documentation by January 15, 2017.
Students requesting to vacate for any other purpose or who do not provide supporting documentation will also forfeit their $200 security deposit.
To review the rest of the license agreement (recommended), click here!