The beds in the Alice Holloway Young Commons are offered based on the date and time you apply and pay the application fee for housing, therefore it is important to review the process and apply
on the recommended dates. Application Process "How To" Video
**PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AS WE WILL BE FOLLOWING OUR PUBLISHED DEADLINES**
Process for New Students
Housing Costs and Payment Plan
Housing Application Agreement
FOR AN INFORMATIONAL VIDEO THAT GUIDES YOU THROUGH THE APPLICATION PROCESS,
Application Process Video
IMPORTANT NOTE: We will ONLY be communicating dates and deadlines to you through your MCC student email. It is your responsbility to check your email.
The application is only available online
through your student account.
Application Process for Fall 2015 Housing
Returning residence hall students are guaranteed housing if they follow the following process, meeting all deadlines:
- January 2015: Apply for Financial Aid. It is best to file your 2015-2016 FAFSA at the same time that you and your parents complete household tax returns.
- February 2, 2015: The housing application process begins for all students who are currently in housing. Between February 2 and March 2, you will be able to apply for housing, pay your $200 application fee, select roommates and select your room for next year. For "how to" videos, please scroll to the top of the page.
- March 2, 2015: The housing application process closes for returning students. By this date, you should have your roommates and your room selected. Any student who is applied and paid but has not selected a room will be autoplaced in housing. Placement emails will go out to MCC student accounts at the end of this day.
- March 10, 2015: Deadline for returning students to respond to their placement email, accepting their 2015-2016 assignments. Placements will ONLY be sent TO your MCC email and you must respond FROM your MCC email.
- June 1, 2015: Deadline for returning students in guaranteed housing to notify the Housing and Residence Life Office that they will not be returning in Fall 2015. Notification must be in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- August 1, 2015: Deadline for all returning students to be registered for 12 or more credits and have all health information turned in. If you have outstanding information on this date, you will forfeit your bed and your $200 housing application fee. All notifications regarding what is due will be sent to your MCC email account.
- September 6, 2015: Move in day for returning students. You are not permitted to move in prior to this date. Please monitor your MCC student email all summer for additional information.
Students Under the Age of 18
Students who are under the age of 18 may not agree to the terms and conditions of housing on their own without a parent/guardian signature. Students who are under 18 will be directed via their confirmation page and via a confirmation email to have a parent/guardian fill out a form and send it in separately from the online housing application.
Underage students have 7 business days to mail/fax/email the form to the Housing and Residence Life Office. An underage application will not be completed and date/time stamped until this form is received. If it is received within those 7 days, the application will be date/time stamped for the time the application was submitted. Excessively late forms (more than 10 business days) will push the date/time stamp to the time the form is received.
If you need a copy of this form, it is here:Under 18 Parent Signature Form
Housing Costs For 2015-2016 (tentative)
$3,497.00 per semester or $6,994.00 per academic year
$3,085.000 per semester or $6,170.00 per academic year
Single Room: $500.00
Double Room: $450.00
Summer Session I:
Single Room: $550.00
(Dependent upon course duration)
Applications will not be considered active until payment has been received. Deferrals are not available.
Beds will be offered for the Alice Holloway Young Commons based on the date and time the application fee payment is submitted.
The application fee activates the application.
Payment Plans for Housing
Housing Payment Plan will coincide with the MCC Pay Plan
|Percentage of bill due ||Fall Semester |
|25% ||July 20 ||December 15|
|25% ||August 20 ||January 20|
|25% ||September 20 ||February 20|
|25% ||October 20 ||March 20|
Housing Application Agreement for 2015-2016
The housing agreement will be binding for the entire academic year. Therefore, students will be financially responsible for both semesters unless the Housing and Residence Life Department is able to re-establish occupancy following a student's request for release.
Students requesting to terminate the contractual obligation for the Spring 2016 semester MUST notify the Housing and Residence Life Office by December 1, 2015.
Students requesting to vacate due to graduation, internship, military enlistment, or transfer to another institution must provide supporting documentation by January 15, 2016.
Students requesting to vacate for any other purpose or who do not provide supporting documentation will also forfeit their $200 security deposit.
To review the rest of the license agreement (recommended), click here!