Housing Assignment Process:
1. Offers will be communicated via MCC student email ONLY.
2. Application AND payment are required for housing to be assigned.
3. Students participating in the new student housing process will be auto-assigned a space in the residence halls based upon the preferences listed in their housing application. It is important that prospective students fill out the application to ensure that answers are accurate.
4. Students participating in the new student housing process will have the ability to select roommates. Roommate groups must be confirmed before the housing assignment process begins and both/all individuals in the grouping must be eligible for housing at the time of the assignment process. We do our best to honor requests, but they are not guaranteed.
5. Students have 10 days from the date of their housing placement to withdraw from their housing assignment without penalty. Students who withdraw within that time period are eligible for a refund of their $200 housing/security deposit. All cancellation requests must be made in writing to the Housing and Residence Life Office.
6. Students who withdraw from their housing assignment after the 10 day window has passed will forfeit their $200 housing/security deposit. All cancellation requests must be made in writing to the Housing and Residence Life Office.
7. Students who are waitlisted for a room may withdraw from list at any time. All requests to be removed from the list must be made in writing to the Housing and Residence Life Office.
8. Again, ALL COMMUNICATION WILL COME THROUGH MCC EMAIL. If you are on our waitlist, please check your email as directed below as you are anticipating your housing offer.
April 3, 2014: First group of students placed in housing based on date and time of application/payment. Emails will be sent to this group of students by 12pm. Students who wish to keep their assignments and live in the residence halls for 2014-2015 do not need to do anything. Students who are going to withdraw from their assignments have ten (10) days until April 13, 2014, to notify the Housing and Residence Life Office in writing.
April 10, 2014: Second group of students placed in housing, determined by the number of cancellations received thus far and based on the date and time of application/payment. Students who wish to keep their assignments and live in the residence halls for 2014-2015 do not need to do anything. Students who are going to withdraw from their assignments have ten (10) days until April 20, 2014, to notify the Housing and Residence Life Office in writing.
The process will continue the same way throughout the summer and the housing applicaiton will continue to be available.
Below are the offer and withdraw dates for the process. Just a reminder that all communication will be through your MCC student email address, so you are responsible to check that email for information regarding houisng for 2014-2015.
ASSIGNMENT DATES WITHDRAW DEADLINE (IF ASSIGNED)
April 3 April 10
April 10 April 20
April 17 April 27
April 24 May 4
May 1 May 11
May 8 May 18
May 15 May 25
May 22 June 1
May 29 June 8
June 5 June 15
June 12 June 22
June 19 June 29
June 26 July 6
July 3 July 13
July 10 July 20
July 17 July 27
July 24 August 3
July 31 August 10
August 7 August 17
August 14 August 24
August 21 August 31
Students Under the Age of 18
Students who are under the age of 18 may not agree to the terms and conditions of housing on their own without a parent/guardian signature. Students who are under 18 will be directed via their confirmation page and via a confirmation email to have a parent/guardian fill out a form and send it in separately from the online housing application.
Underage students have 7 business days to mail/fax/email the form to the Housing and Residence Life Office. An underage application will not be completed and date/time stamped until this form is received. If it is received within those 7 days, the application will be date/time stamped for the time the application was submitted. Excessively late forms (more than 10 business days) will push the date/time stamp to the time the form is received.
If you need a copy of this form, it is here:Under 18 Parent Signature Form