Orientation: Parents, Spouses, & Friends
The Visitor's Orientation Program is held separately, but on the same day as the student's Orientation. This program will allow parents, and spouses the opportunity to:
- Discover what the college expects from students and what students can expect from the college
- Learn ways to offer support and encouragement to the students
- Share concerns and fears with other families and college personnel
- Find out what is available on campus and in the Rochester area
- Tour the campus.
The college will provide lunch or dinner.
Here are some questions to keep the communication going with your college student
- Have you bought your books?
- Have you been eating in the Terrace?
- Do you have an advisor?
- Are you getting to know your professors?
- How much free time do you have on campus?
- Have you looked for a job on campus?
- Have you joined an organization or club?
- Where do you study?
- Do you have midterms?
- Have you decided what classes to take next semester?
- Have you looked into registering for classes?
- How many finals do you have?
- Are you happy with your major?
- How are you feeling?
- How can we (I) help?