Q: Who is required to provide immunization records?

What immunization records are required for students?

Where and how do I get my immunization records?

How do I check if my immunization records have been received by Health Services?

How do I get a copy of my immunization records for transfer to another college?

A: Click here to be linked to our Immunization FAQ for direct access to the answers to the five (5) questions above.

Q: Does Health Services offer appointments?
A: Yes. We see students by appointment only, except in emergencies. Please call 585-292-2018 to schedule an appointment. Call early to schedule a same day appointment.

Q: What Immunizations does Health Services Provide?
A: Health Services will provide MMR (Measles, Mumps & Rubella) vaccines as a part of admission requirements free of charge Monday through Friday by appointment only. Influenza vaccines are availalbe at designated clinic hours. PPD's (tuberculin testing) for all second year medical programs are administered every day (except Thursday) by appointment only. PPD's are a two step process-first day is implantation of the test and a return visit 2 days later to have the test read.

Q: What services are provided at Health Services?
A: Health Services provides ambulatory and preventive health services to all registered students. Registered Nurses assess and treat minor injuries such as wound care, sprains, burns, and minor illnesses such as respiratory infections, bladder infections, asthma, flu, vomiting/diarrhea, and mono just to name a few. They assist the student in managing wellness and health promotion, and link students to appropriate community resources and health care providers as needed.

Q: What do I do if I get ill or injured and Health Services is not open?
A: If students live on campus, and it is an emergency situation dial 2911 for Public Safety assistance. If any student needs to be seen by a medical provider after hours click on Wellness Resources and scroll down to Off Campus resources for a complete listing.

Q: Where can I get my allergy shots while at college?
A: The preferred option is to continue with your allergist or current physician. If you are a distance from home and that option is not feasible then you will need to make arrangements with a local allergist. Click on Wellness Resources for direct access to listings of local allergy/immunology doctors in the Rochester area. This is their area of expertise and will provide you with optimal care and management of your health care needs.

Q: What resources are available to me for birth control/Women's Health/Men's Health/STI's?
A: Students may come to Health Services for an initial consultation. Registered Nurses will evaluate your concerns and refer you to appropriate health care resources in the community. **All information the student provides remains confidential.**

Q: What do I do if I feel overwhelmed by responsibilities and stressors with family, work or school?
A: Students may come to Health Services for an initial consultation with a Registerd Nurse. Together we will assess your situation and treatment options will be discussed. Referrals will be made to the Psych/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner on staff by appointment on Tuesdays, between the hours of 11:30 am and 4:30 pm. If these hours do not coincide with the students schedule appropriate referrals will be made to community providers. **All information the student provides remains confidential.**.

Q: What do I do if I begin missing a series of classes due to unforseen circumstances?
A: Students should contact their professors promptly for any absence from class due to illness/injury/personal situation. Extended absence due to serious illness or injury should be reported to the Office of Health Services. The Office of Health Services does not provide a medical excuse from classes. The department will notify professors of an extended absence due to illness or injury if the student will miss greater than 7 days and must provide physician documentation. The student needs to keep an open line of communication with their professor and if necessary discuss available options.

Q: What medical information and supplies should I bring to school?
A: Click here for complete Must Haves for College List.


Contact Information

Brighton Campus
Building 3, Room 165
Map to Student Health
M-F 8:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
(585) 292-2018
Fax: (585) 292-3856