We strongly encourage you to:
- Submit all of the documents as early as possible. The clearance process can take up to 72 hours so timely submission is important. The Health Services office is open year round, whenever classes are in session, to assist you.
- Be sure all documentation has been fully completed by both yourself and your healthcare provider before submission.We will accept an electronically generated physical exam form, however your HCP must also complete section 5 of the last page of our health packet. This is a NYS Health Department requirement.
- Ensure that any paperwork sent in indicates which specific health career program you are in and has your name and student ID (M00) number on it.
- Monitor your student email account, as an RN will review your health packet and contact you via your student email if anything else is needed.
- Nursing, Clinical Lab Technician (CLT), Dental Studies, Radiologic Technology and Surgical Technology students taking clinical courses must maintain health insurance.
- You are automatically enrolled and billed for the Student Health Insurance Plan by the college, unless proof of comparable coverage is provided.
- Please check with your individual departments for more information about the insurance waiver process. You may also waive online at www.mystudentmedical.com, once the information for the 2017-2018 school year is posted by the Flood company.
- The waiver deadline date is mid August. Please contact the Allen J. Flood Co, Inc. directly for more specifics or questions.
- You may explore options for comparable insurance at the New York State of Health Marketplace website. Many MCC students qualify for the low cost or no cost insurance available through this program.
- If you do not qualify for insurance through New York State of Health, all MCC students may purchase the MCC sponsored insurance through the Allen J Flood. Co, Inc.
PHYSICAL EXAM PACKETS
- Choose the health career physical exam packet for your program below.
- You complete the first half, your healthcare provider(HCP) does the rest. We will accept a computer generated physical exam form from your provider, however your HCP must also complete section 5 of the last page of our health packet. This is a NYS Health Department requirement.
- If you do not have a HCP to complete the physical exam, there are many urgent care centers in the Rochester area that can assist you, click here.
- Please be aware that religious exemptions from required vaccinations are not acceptable in clinical settings, per NYS Health Department regulations.
- Nursing Program
- EMS Program
- Dental Studies Program
- Rad Tech Program
- Clinical Lab Tech Program
- Surgical Tech Program
- Health Info Tech Program
Make sure all the requirements have been met so as not to delay your clearance for clinical participation.
- If you have had a past positive PPD, please complete a Tuberculosis Screening form and submit proof of a negative chest x-ray done within the last 10 years.
- Flu vaccine is highly recommended for all health careers students for the protection of your patients, other staff and yourself. For clinical rotations, healthcare facilities will require you to wear a mask at all times during flu season if you do not have proof of receiving this vaccine.
- Varicella – Proof of immunity to the varicella virus (chickenpox)is required. This can be accomplished in one of three ways:
- Documented history of chickenpox disease from your healthcare provider,OR
- Positive varicella immune titer now or from any time in the past (lab requisition is available from Health Services if needed),OR
- Proof of two varicella vaccines given at least 28 days apart and on or after your first birthday.
You must submit the following annually:
- Reassessment Form and either:
- Schedule a free PPD in Health Services or submit proof of a recent PPD (with placement & read dates, as well as result and signature of HCP) OR
- For those with a past positive PPD, please complete a TB screening form
- Flu vaccine (see above).
- Tetanus booster if 10 years have passed since your last dose.
The staff in Health Services wish you success in your chosen health career and are available to facilitate the process of clearance for clinical participation in any way we can. If you have further questions, please call us at 585-292-2018.
Confidentiality: Your medical care and counseling at Monroe Community College Health Services are confidential. Health care records are kept separately from academic records. We do not release information outside of Monroe Community College without your written permission, except upon a court order, as required by law (as in the case of certain communicable diseases and reports of child abuse), or as required, in our judgment, to protect you or others from immediate physical danger.