International Students

foreign stamps

MCC Health Services welcomes all international students to the college community! The staff in Health Services are here to provide healthcare to you or link you to medical providers in the community.

  • IMMUNIZATIONS: International students should send the required immunization records to our office once accepted to the college. You may also bring all your records (whether translated or not) from home to our office upon arrival in the USA. We can provide MMR vaccines at no charge if needed.
  • SCREENING: Tuberculosis screening is highly recommended for MCC students who have lived within the past five years in countries where TB is common. 
  • If you arrived from one of the following countries, you do not need screening as TB is uncommon in these areas.
  • Students from any country not on the list below should be screened. Please complete the Tuberculosis Screening Form and return it to our office with your immunization records.
    American Region: Canada, Jamaica, St Kitts & Nevis, St Lucia, USA, US Virgin Islands 
    European Region: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
    Western Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, New Zealand
  • If you need care when we are closed, please see the Wellness Resources page for local urgent care centers and hospitals.


  • All International Students are automatically enrolled in the International Student Health Insurance plan which is offered through the AJ Flood Company Inc.,(AJF) and the premium is added to the student’s bill. Your international student insurance is needed to pay for care you receive from any off campus healthcare providers, and lab work/referrals from our office.Your permanent insurance ID card is mailed to you by AJF about six to eight weeks into the semester.
  • Please review the CHP website to better understand this insurance.
  • It is very important that you contact one of the AJF representatives below to obtain a temporary insurance card as soon as you purchase the insurance, in case you need to see a doctor quickly:

  • You will need to provide them with your name, student ID number, date of birth, gender, email address, local mailing address and semester(s) of coverage.
  • The temporary card will be emailed to you in two-three days, and you may then print a copy to show health care providers you visit.
  • You should make sure the healthcare provider accepts CIGNA insurance by calling the provider's office or checking the listings under the CIGNA PPO Provider Network.


  • If you have proof of comparable coverage you may apply to "waive" (decline) this insurance by completing a waiver form.

    • You must return the waiver form with a copy of your current insurance policy, in English, to AJ Flood  at OR by fax to 914-922-9212. Please verify that they have received your waiver form and policy.
    • Your policy will be reviewed by AJ Flood and you will be notified by them if your waiver has been granted.
    • If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact  AJF representative Angela French at 800-734-9326 x9225.

  • For more information for International Students, please visit the International Student webpage.