New York State requires all matriculated students born after Jan 1, 1957 and taking 6 credits or more, to submit certain immunization records to the college. Students who do not have these vaccines (or the waiver) on file with Health Services will be automatically withdrawn from classes. We want to help you to avoid this. The required vaccines are:
1 – MEASLES, MUMPS, & RUBELLA (MMR):
To be acceptable, they must be live vaccinations given on or after your first birthday. Depending on when you were born, you may have already had one or two doses. They are usually listed as "MMR". You do not have to repeat them.
Tests done in the past are acceptable. We can also give you a lab slip to get the test done but you will need to pay the lab for the test if you have no insurance.The fee is about $50.
2 – MENINGITIS VACCINE OR WAIVER:
- Vaccination is recommended for certain risk groups, especially college freshmen living in dorms, within 5 years before college, so you may need a booster. Please discuss your need for meningitis vaccine, or a booster, with your health care provider as Health Services does not provide this vaccine.
- The Monroe County Department of Health Immunization Clinic, located at 111 Westfall Road in Rochester, provides the meningitis vaccine at no charge to those under the age of 19. Call 585-753-5150 for more information.
- If you choose to waive the vaccine, you can sign the waiver electronically through your student account online, or sign a print copy in our office, or download a copy to sign and send in. This does not prevent you from getting the vaccine at anytime in the future.
How to Meet the Requirements
- Locate your vaccine records at your high school, a previous college, a job in health care, military records or any previous doctor and send it in to Health Services with your student ID number on each page.
- Our fax number is 585-292-3856, or you can email them (as an attached document or clear photo) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or drop them off to Bldg 3-Room 165 (there is a drop box outside the office for after hours).
- It is not mandatory for our certificate of immunization form to be completed- an official record will do.
- You'll receive an automated email indicating that you have met the requirements, if the records are complete.
- If you receive an email stating that you are not in compliance, please call us at 585-292-2018 to see what is needed or to make an appointment with a nurse to assist you in meeting the requirements. We are here to help!
For more information on the New York State Immunization requirements please visit the New York State Department of Health website.