Immunization & Health - Athletics
Requirements for Student Athletes
Planning on being an MCC athlete? Here are a few things you need to know prior to participation on an athletic team at MCC:
The National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) requires that all first year athletes submit a completed Intercollegiate Athlete Physical (1st year) signed by your primary care provider to Health Services, via mail or walk in (no faxes will be accepted) by July 15th for Fall/Winter sports and by August 15th for Spring sports.
Physicals.........If you do not have a primary care provider click here for a list of places locally that provide physicals.
Returning Athletes (2nd year) are required to complete the Intercollegiate Returning Athlete Forms which includes an athletic physical. These forms needs to be completed and turned in to Health Services via mail or walk in (no faxes will be accepted) by July 15th for Fall sports and by August 15th for Spring sports.
In addition to the Immunization Requirements of all students in the general student population, athletes must also have:
- Tetanus shot within the last ten (10) years
Insurance Requirements & Information
- Student Athletes are required to have a comprehensive insurance plan while participating on an athletic team.
- If you have already have comprehensive insurance, a copy of both sides of your insurance card needs to be turned in with your initial or returning athlete forms in order for you to be cleared for play.
- If you need to purchase insurance, please see our insurance page.
- If you are an international athlete who desires to waive the A.J. Flood insurance because you have comparable insurance which covers you in the US, provide a copy of the card to Health Services. You may then waive the insurance here. Please note- there is a 9/1/15 deadline to waive the insurance.