MCC Health Services welcomes all international students to the college community! The staff in Health Services are here to provide healthcare to you or link you to medical providers in the community.
- Students can be seen by appointment Monday-Friday, whenever classes are in session. We are open all summer. Please call (585) 292-2018 or stop by to schedule. Same day appointments are usually available if you call early. If you need care when we are closed, please see the wellness resources page for local urgent care centers and hospitals.
- There is no fee for services performed in our office beyond the $5 student health fee charged each semester on your college bill (but outside lab tests and prescriptions are costs to you). Your international student insurance is not required in our office but is needed for all outside healthcare providers.
- International students should forward the required immunization records to our office as soon as possible. We can provide MMR vaccines in our office if you have not met the requirements prior to arrival.
- Tuberculosis screening is highly recommended for any MCC students who have lived, within the past five years, in countries where TB is common. It is easier to identify countries of low rather than high TB prevalence. Therefore, students should undergo TB screening if they have arrived from countries OTHER THAN those listed below:
- American Region: Canada, Jamaica, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, USA, Virgin Islands (USA)
- European Region: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy,Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- Western Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, New Zealand
We will provide TB screening at no charge for high-risk students. For those who have had the vaccine "BCG" in the past, a different test is recommended, and we can arrange for this as well.
Insurance Information for International Students
WAIVER DEADLINES ARE AUGUST 15th, 2016 FOR ANNUAL COVERAGE
& JANUARY 15th, 2017 FOR NEW SPRING STUDENTS.
- All International Students are automatically enrolled in the International Student Health Insurance plan which is offered through the AJ Flood Company Inc., and the premium is added to the student’s bill.
- Please review the coverage explanation sheet provided by A.J. Flood
(MCC 2016-2017 Insurance Summary) to better understand this insurance.
- If you have proof of comparable coverage you may apply to "waive" (decline) this insurance by following the detailed instructions on the the waiver form which is available online at www.mystudentmedical.com or here: Monroe Community College International Waiver 16-17.
- You must return the waiver form with a copy of your current insurance policy, in English, to email@example.com OR by fax to 914-922-9212. Please verify that they have received your waiver form and policy.
- Your policy will be reviewed by AJ Flood and you will be notified by them if your waiver has been granted.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact AJ Flood representative Angela French at 800-734-9326 x9225.
- For more information for International Students, please visit the International Student webpage.