MCC Health Services welcomes all international students to the college community! The staff in Health Services are here to provide healthcare to you or link you to medical providers in the community.
- Students can be seen by appointment, Monday-Friday 9am-3:30pm, whenever classes are in session. We are open all summer. Please call (585) 292-2018 or stop by to schedule. Same day appointments are usually available if you call early. If you need care when we are closed, please see the wellness resources page for local urgent care centers and hospitals.
- There is no fee for services performed in our office beyond the $5 student health fee charged each semester on your college bill (but outside lab tests and prescriptions are costs to you). Your international student insurance is not required in our office but is needed for all outside healthcare providers.
- International students should forward the required immunization records to our office as soon as possible. We can provide MMR vaccines in our office if you have not met the requirements prior to arrival.
- Tuberculosis screening is highly recommended for any MCC students who have lived, within the past five years, in countries where TB is common. It is easier to identify countries of low rather than high TB prevalence. Therefore, students should undergo TB screening if they have arrived from countries OTHER THAN those listed below:
- American Region: Canada, Jamaica, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, USA, Virgin Islands (USA)
- European Region: Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy,Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
- Western Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, New Zealand
We will provide TB screening at no charge for high-risk students. For those who have had the vaccine "BCG" in the past, a different test is recommended, and we can arrange for this as well.
International students here on an F-1 visa are required to have comprehensive accident and illness insurance coverage in the United States. Health insurance through the Allen J. Flood company is billed automatically to your tuition bill.
- Please review the coverage explanation sheet provided by A.J. Flood
(MCC 2016-2017 Insurance Summary) to better understand this insurance.
WAIVER DEADLINES ARE AUGUST 15th, 2016 FOR ANNUAL COVERAGE
& JANUARY 15th, 2017 FOR NEW SPRING STUDENTS.
- If you believe you have another policy that provides comparable coverage in the US, and you are a registered student, you may request to "waive" (decline) the college's contracted insurance plan.
- Students should follow the detailed instructions on the InternationalStudentInsuranceWaiver2016-17.
- If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact Angela French at 800-734-9326 x9225.
- For more information for International Students, please visit the International Student webpage.