Planning on becoming an MCC athlete? MCC follows the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) requirements for all athletes. Both new and returning athletes must have a sports physical each year, complete their portion of the health packet, and send these via mail or hand deliver to our office (no faxes will be accepted) by July 15th for Fall/Winter sports and by August 15th for Spring sports.
- First year athletes need to submit a completed First Year Athletic Physical packet to Health Services.
- Returning Athletes (2nd year) are required to submit a completed Returning Athlete Physical.
- A computer generated physical exam form from your MD is acceptable as long as appropriate sports clearance is given and you complete your portion of our physical exam packet as well.
- If you do not have a health care provider of your own, many urgent care centers provide physicals. However they cannot bill insurance for physicals like a private doctor can, so you will need to pay out of pocket (fees are usually $40-$75). UR Well offers free or very low cost physicals- click on the "About Us" tab on their webpage for limited locations and hours.
- You will be notified via email to your MCC student email if there is anything missing from the health packet.
- The clearance process takes 48 hours (or longer at busy times), so timely submission is important.
- In addition to the Immunization Requirements of all students in the general student population, athletes must also show proof of a tetanus vaccine within the last ten (10) years.