Title IX InformationTITLE IX / SEXUAL HARASSMENT
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 prohibits sexual discrimination in any form; to include any form of sexual harassment and gender discrimination.
|Federal law states:
“No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
A safe college environment is beneficial for all members of the MCC Family. Monroe Community College takes allegations of discrimination and harassment very seriously.
If you feel that you have been a victim of discrimination or harassment it is important for you to know your rights and feel safe in reporting. You will find important information and contacts on this website.
Information for Students
- What is Harassment? (definitions)
- Bill of Rights
- Complaint Information
- Title IX Coordinators
- Title IX/Sexual Harassment Brochure
- Office for Civil Rights- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Clery Center Sexual Violence Elimination Act (SaVE Act)
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA)
- Enough is Enough (Make All Campuses Safe NY)
Information for Faculty & Staff
Filing a Complaint
Building 1, Room 300
M-F 8:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.