Academy for Veterans' Success
The mission of the Monroe Community College Academy for Veterans’ Success is to provide veterans the support they need to make the transition from military to civilian life and to help navigate their collegiate journey.
MCC is dedicated to providing guidance to our military students and to empower them to make the best educational choices.
In recognition and appreciation of the sacrifice and service our military students have provided to our country, MCC is committed to helping build a solid foundation for their future.
Services & Programs
The Academy for Veterans’ Success is a federally-appropriated grant established to enhance student success by providing outreach programs and services, and community networking opportunities. AVS’ diverse services and programs are open to veteran students and their families, as well as MCC veteran employees. Services include:
- Veteran-specific academic advising
- Veteran-specific personal counseling
- Veteran-specific College Orientation Seminar(COS)133 (3 Credit Course)
- Regional veteran conference
- ACE and SMART transfer sequencing
- Military transcript auditing
- Military-friendly webinar training for students, staff, administration, faculty, and community members
- Professional veteran half-day workshops
- Veteran Advisory Board
- Veteran orientation sessions
- Courageous Children Summer Camp for children of veterans
- Emergency deployment readiness assistance
- Military mentor program
- Student club for military veterans through the Office of Student Life & Leadership Development
- STARS (Support for Transitioning and Returning Service members) Program
The Greater Rochester area offers a wealth of resources to our veteran and military communities:
Building 3, Room 103
M-F 8:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Fax: (585) 292-3847
Damon City Campus
Student Services Center
M-F 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.