Please know that applying for your VA educational benefits can be a long process from start to finish. It is best to start the paperwork as early as possible to ensure that the processing of your benefits is complete well in advance of the start of each semester. Please use our step by step guide below:
1) In general, students may apply for benefits under one of the following chapters associated with VA educational benefits:
For specific eligibility requirements associated with any of these chapters, please click on the appropriate links above.
Students may also be eligible for state veterans awards or tuition assistance:
2) Apply for your VA educational benefits:
3) Once the VA processes your claim, you should receive a Certificate of Eligibility in the mail. (If you receive a denial letter and are unsure as to why, please contact the VA at 1-888-442-4551.)
4) Admissions - If you are a new student, transfer student, or re-admitting student, you should apply for admission to the college. You can apply online or print out a paper application from here: Apply
You may contact Admissions at: 585-292-2200 or email@example.com
5) Placement testing - If you are asked to take the placement test, you can look up the days and times the test is offered, as well as sample questions here: Placement Test
6) Program Advisement and Registration - Once you are accepted, you can register with an Academic Advisor or the Deparment in which your major is held.
7) Be certified for your benefits!
Building 3, Room 103
M-F 8:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Fax: (585) 292-3847
Damon City Campus
Student Services Center
M-F 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.