MCC is giving its front entrance a major makeover. The year-long redesign will improve traffic flow, add green space and create a more inviting entrance to the college.
Construction continues through August 30, 2014.
MCC asks everyone to use caution navigating the campus during the construction. Signs are posted in and around campus to guide people.
A convenient location for motorists picking up or dropping off passengers is at the Bldg. 4 entrance on Arts Lane; for safety reasons and to keep traffic moving along, motorists are prohibited from stopping or parking on campus roadways.
Front Loop Project Map
Original Map of Brighton Campus
Impact on Parking and Traffic
- Is located in the rear of the campus, in front of the R. Thomas Flynn Campus Center; public buses also stop on East Henrietta Road
- Check www.rgrta.com for route information and the most current schedules; bus schedules are also available in the
Bldg. 5 lobby and in Gilman Lounge in the Flynn Campus Center
- Coming: Electronic signs displaying bus arrival information to be posted in the Gilman Lounge and in the North Faculty Tower lobby (Building 5)
- Anticipated 1/2/14: The East Henrietta Road bus stop relocated adjacent to Lot A off Campus Drive; public bus service to be available at this site
- Ongoing: Only buses are allowed in lanes in front of the Flynn Campus Center on Center Road; all other vehicular traffic is prohibited
- Pickup/drop-off located in the circle at the north entrance to the R. Thomas Flynn Campus Center on Center Road
Front Entrance to the College
- Will feature a campus green
- Anticipated 1/2/14: A new entrance to the Spina Administration Building with staircases to the second floor of the building; accessibility for people with disabilities is unchanged
- Ongoing: Information Desk in the Spina Administration Building remains open
- Through 12/24/13: Additional temporary information desks located at the entrance to the North Faculty Tower (Building 5) and in the R. Thomas Flynn Campus Center Atrium
- Service relocated to the circle at the north entrance to the R. Thomas Flynn Campus Center on Center Road
- Through 7/31/14: Temporary administration parking moved to faculty/staff lots
- 8/1/14: Redesigned administration parking lot adjacent to Lot K anticipated to open
Brighton-Henrietta Town Line Road Entrance
- 6/1/14 - 7/31/14: Closed as a roundabout is installed on Campus Drive
The safety and well-being of our students and employees are our top priorities. As such, campus parking regulations will continue to be strictly enforced during the construction period.
To request security escort services, contact the Public Safety Department at (585) 292-2912.