MCC is giving its front entrance a major makeover. The year-long redesign will improve traffic flow, add green space and create a more inviting entrance to the college.
Construction continues through August 30, 2014.
MCC asks everyone to use caution navigating the campus during the construction. Signs are posted in and around campus to guide people. For safety reasons and to keep traffic moving along, motorists are prohibited from stopping or parking on campus roadways.
Front Loop Project Map
Map of Brighton Campus
Impact on Parking and Traffic
- Ongoing: RTS Route #12 and #91 bus service is relocated from East Henrietta Road to the pull-off area adjacent to Lot A off Campus Drive.
- Ongoing: RTS Route #50 and #5 bus service is located in the rear of the campus, in front of the R. Thomas Flynn Campus Center.
- Check www.rgrta.com for route information and the most current schedules; bus schedules are also available in the
North Faculty Tower lobby (Building 5) and in Gilman Lounge in the Flynn Campus Center.
- Ongoing: Electronic signs displaying bus arrival information are posted in the Gilman Lounge and in the North Faculty Tower lobby (Building 5)
- Coming: A bus shelter to be erected in the pull-off area adjacent to Lot A off Campus Drive.
- Ongoing: Only buses are allowed in lanes in front of the Flynn Campus Center on Center Road; all other vehicular traffic is prohibited.
- Pickup/drop-off located in the circle at the north entrance to the R. Thomas Flynn Campus Center on Center Road.
Front Entrance to the College
- Will feature a campus green.
- Entrances to the Spina Administration Building are open. The new entrance to the second floor of the building has staircases; access for people with disabilities is on the first floor.
- Located on the second floor of the Spina Administration Building and in the Gilman Lounge.
- Service relocated to the circle at the north entrance to the R. Thomas Flynn Campus Center on Center Road.
- Redesigned administration parking lot adjacent to Lot K is open.
Brighton-Henrietta Town Line Road Entrance
- 6/1/14 - 7/31/14: Closed as a roundabout is installed on Campus Drive.
The safety and well-being of our students and employees are our top priorities. As such, campus parking regulations will continue to be strictly enforced during the construction period.
To request security escort services, contact the Public Safety Department at (585) 292-2912.