The Motorcycle Safety Foundation’s Basic RiderCourse (BRC-1) is a beginner motorcycle rider-training program designed for those with very little or no experience in riding a motorcycle. This combination classroom and hands-on motorcycle training introduces the basic knowledge and physical skills necessary to ride a motorcycle and requires physical stamina, motor coordination, and mental alertness. Visit the Motorcycle Safety Foundation website
to learn more about motorcycle riding. Successful completion may lead to a waiver of the motorcycle license skill test and an insurance discount.
- The ability to ride a bicycle is necessary for this program.
- A current, valid New York State driver's license or valid out-of-state driver's license is required to take this course. Please have your license with you when you arrive for class.
- A current New York State Motorcycle Learner’s Permit should be obtained from the NYS DMV prior to attending. Your permit must be valid through the completion date of your course. The permit is not required for registration, but is required to apply for the road test waiver for the NYS DMV road test.
Please read the important information below before registering.
- Participation in this course requires physical stamina, motor coordination and mental alertness.
- You may buy only 1 seat per course in your name. If you want to register an additional person in the course, you must submit a separate registration in that person’s name.
- As soon as you enter your credit card information and submit your registration, your credit card is charged.
- If you have a disability that requires Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations, please call us at 585.292.3770.
- IMPORTANT: to avoid additional fees, we recommend careful consideration of your personal committments prior to registering. Once you have registered, you will not be able to change your course selection(s) online and all changes are subject to processing and/or cancellation fees. Please see the cancellation and rescheduling policies below for more information.
- Click here for more details. Please note: only VISA and MASTERCARD are accepted.
REGISTER & PAY NOW!
Unless you have provided your credit card information as part of the registration process, you are not registered.
Cancellation requests must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com within five business days of the scheduled start date of your class. Please include your name, address, daytime phone number, order number, course name, course code number and course dates. Incomplete requests can not be processed for cancellation.
You will be refunded the cost of the class minus a $45 processing fee. Refunds will not be granted if Workforce Development is notified less than five business days prior to the scheduled start date of your class. Exceptions can not be made. Refunds may take up to 3 weeks to process.
Need to Reschedule?
Please refer to the cancellation policy above. You will be refunded the cost of the course you initially selected minus a $45 processing fee. At that point, you will be asked to re-register for the course that better fits your schedule. You will be expected to pay the full $275 registration fee. There is no switching from one course to another, cancellation and rescheduling policies apply.