IDE 201 - Residential Planning and Design
Provides practical application of interior design concepts to the residential design project. Students will work on a variety of residential problems with emphasis on client contact and interviewing, program development, and design development. Communication of design concepts via a variety of media and presentations will be required. Two class hours, two laboratory hours.
Prerequisite(s):IDE 102 with a grade of C or better and IDE 132 with a grade of C or better.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Develop a residential space plan that satisfies specific criteria based upon a client interview.
2. Design a kitchen plan incorporating standard cabinets and appliances.
3. Select appropriate interior finishes for a residential project.
4. Develop a quality presentation of finish materials and graphics.
5. Communicate a design concept through visual media and verbal presentation.
Course Offered Fall only