CSC 215 - Introduction to Linux
A course designed to introduce the student to the Linux operating system. Topics will include system installation and configuration, basic system administration, system updates, network services configuration, printer configuration, system services, and scripting. Two class hours, two laboratory hours.
Prerequisite(s): CIS 200 or CSC 101 or CPT 101 with a grade of C or better or permission of instructor.
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Explain the function and structure of the Linux operating system
2. Perform basic and customized operating system installations
3. Apply basic system commands to manage processes and files
4. Perform basic system administration tasks on an operational system
5. Design and develop simple system administration scripts
Course Offered Fall and Spring