Computer Aided Design And Drafting
Department: Engineering Technologies
CIP Code: 15.1302
MCC Program Code: MT02
NYSED Code (BRI): 33719
NYSED Code (DCC): 33720
The outcomes of this certificate program will prepare a student for employment in the field of Computer Aided Design and Drafting. The curriculum covers a broad base of current Computer Aided Design and Engineering skills necessary for success and productivity in modern industry. Course content covers basic geometric creation, geometric data management, communications, manufacturing process interfaces, rapid prototyping, design optimization and design analysis.
(Housed in the Engineering Technologies Department)
Program Learning Outcomes
1) Generate 3-view drawings and pictorial sketches
2) Interpret fully-dimensioned drawings
3) Design and create their own drawings using AutoCAD software
4) Create a prototype using a 3D printer
5) Demonstrate competence in material selection and design optimization techniques necessary for today’s modern manufacturing and assembly processes
6) Apply Computer Aided Design tools to analyze the functional parameters of parts and assemblies.
7) Communicate ideas in a graphical format with the understanding and use of a 2D and 3D CAD program (AutoCAD)
8) Create 3D models that emphasize important design principles, which may include: design intent, proper dimensioning, tolerancing, multiple configurations and relations with proper 2D orthographic projections
Requirements for Program Entrance
High school graduate or high school equivalency diploma, Elementary Algebra with Geometry or MTH 098 at MCC.
|FIRST SEMESTER: 13 Credit Hours|
|ENR 153 Mechanical Design and Prototyping||4|
|MET 101 Technical Graphics||3|
|MTH 104 Intermediate Algebra||4|
|TEK 101 Computer Applications for Technicians||2|
|SECOND SEMESTER: 12 Credit Hours|
| ENG 101 College Composition OR|
ENG 200 Advanced Composition
|MET 122 Adv Solid Modeling using SolidWorks||3|
|MET 201 Designing for Materials, Manufacturing and Assembly||3|
|MET 202 Functional Design, Drafting and Analysis/OTHER TECHNICAL ELECTIVE*||3|
*Technical Electives include: CIT 112; MET; TAM 151.