CHE 110 - The Chemistry of Indulgence
Designed for non-science majors, this course does not require a background in chemistry or math. This class provides an integrated laboratory/lecture experience as students explore various principles of chemistry using everyday contexts such as food. Two class hours, two laboratory hours. (SUNY-NS)
Course Learning Outcomes
1. Describe basic concepts of matter.
2. Discuss the atomic nature of matter and characteristics of atoms and molecules.
3. Use symbols to represent chemical formulas and balance reactions.
4. Explain the organization of, and information in, the periodic table.
5. Distinguish ionic and molecular compounds.
6. Apply the rules of chemical nomenclature to name and write formulas for chemical compounds.
7. Identify molecular geometry from Lewis dot structures.
8. Discuss the mole concept.
9. Describe concepts of solution chemistry.
10. Explain basic concepts of acids and bases.
11. Discuss and compute energy changes in chemical reactions.
12. Apply aspects of the scientific method.
Course Offered Fall and Spring
Use links below to see if this course is offered:
Fall Semester 2018